Wednesday, February 19, 2014

You Better Work: Week Forty Four

It may not seem like it, given my lack of weekly fashion recaps, but I have actually been keeping up with my daily outfit photos ever since returning from the holidays. You can check out my last installment here

Here we are now at week forty four- hard to believe it's this close to a year!

Monday

j.crew skirt/ny & co top/c wonder skirt & necklace/rocketdog pumps

By now you know I can't resist a nautical ensemble, even in the winter. I try to wear this necklace as often as I can, because I wanted it so bad and it was an amazing sale find. It just only goes with so many things, and also, it's loud. Like you can hear me when I'm coming down the hall loud. Sometimes I feel like a dog with a very jingly collar. Hey, fashion is all about make a statement, no? I guess sometimes the statement is, "HERE I COME!!!"

Tuesday

old navy sweater/j.crew skirt/target flats/jewelry sale necklace

Have you noticed that despite winter's refusal to vacate the premises, I am still trying to pretend it's almost spring with my outfits? Joke's on you, because this is actually a wool skirt. It still won't stop me from wearing this pastel flower necklace, which I picked up from the semiannual underground jewelry sale that my friend Jaimie's uncle has in Rhode Island. We're talking tables and tables of jewelry for mere dollars, and they're all from places like Talbots, Lord & Taylor, etc. I mean, you have to show up with cash at an industrial park on a random weekday morning, but still, totally worth it.

Wednesday

old navy coat & flats/j.crew sweater/tj maxx pants/kate spade hat & bracelets

Is there a better time to wear a new Kate Spade cloche than on National Hat Day? I think not. I was so excited to receive this gorgeous chapeau as a Christmas gift, that I was totally overwhelmed as to what to wear it with. It's a very light tan with a black ribbon, accented by a gold stud. Sounds like on paper that it would go with anything, but the task was far more daunting in real life.

Thursday

forever 21 sweater/old navy jacket/j.crew skirt/express tights/payless booties/ily couture earrings

I may have a small obsession with this moto jacket/girly pink + polka dot combo, as this is very reminiscent of an outfit I wore just the week before. But seriously, I cannot believe how long it has taken me to acquire this style of jacket. It's just so versatile! (The fact that it was only $27 didn't hurt either.) And yes, I was told that I could totally wear this cheeky sweater to work (as long as you know, it wasn't like a board meeting or something) and it's now probably one of my favorite pieces that I own. I will literally wear it with anything, whether it's a flirty skirt or skinny jeans. 

Friday

c wonder sweater/banana republic top/j.crew pants/old navy flats

Listen, it takes work to try to put together these outfits everyday. Some are winners, some are less than, but one thing's for sure- by Friday, I'm a little spent. And more often than not, my outfit of choice when I haven't prepared anything ahead of time are these polka dot chambray skimmers and some sort of sweater. When you work at a whaling museum, a graphic top like this always makes sense. 

Thanks for checking in for my week in outfits! More to come next week :)

~L

2 comments:

  1. Love your outfits!! That whale sweater is fab!!

    Best, Mree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I snagged it on sale- I get comments on it all the time!

      ~L

      Delete