Saturday, February 8, 2014

Friday's Fancies: My Heart Will Go Online




I swear I woke up just the other morning with a champagne headache on January 1st, and now it's less than a week until Valentine's Day. Regardless, it's almost that time of year to show the special people in your life how much you care about them. Unless you're my husband, who likes to remind me that every day is Valentine's Day for me, because he cooks me dinner and buys me things all year long. While I appreciate his ongoing displays of affection, there's something about a day focused on my favorite colors, candy and hearts that still makes me smile. Therefore, I have scoured the internet for some of my favorite love-themed picks, perfect for yourself to sport on February 14th or gifts for your lady-friends (because who doesn't love a good Galentine's Day?). 
  • It might be sacrilegious to wear Christian Louboutin flats, but it doesn't stop me from loving this funky footwear.
  • Steve and I aren't ones for super shmultzy cards. This one I found on Etsy is actually probably the most romance I am capable of. 
  • This heart sweatshirt is definitely a favorite among celebs, but that's not the reason I like it. Okay, maybe it is just a little bit.
  • It's no secret I love fun tights. These are great because they are basic on the front, with a little surprise once you turn around. That or this chick put them on backwards.
  • I've looked at this tutorial from The Beauty Department like ten times and I still can't figure out how you're supposed to do this heart hairstyle on yourself and have it look this good. That won't stop me from trying, though.
  • When I go on Etsy, I just want to buy prints of every movie quote and song lyric that I've ever liked. It's kind of a problem. But this Lumineers line is so cute, I can hardly resist.
  • If you don't have a ton of money to spend on holiday decorations, printable garlands are always a good way add some cheer to your home. I have ones for almost every occasion, and I'm especially loving this one from Sarah Hearts.
  • I have two of these interchangeable C. Wonder belt buckles already (with two reversible belts) and I'm kind of obsessed. There are just so many options! 
  • You know I have no business being in the kitchen, however the one thing I can sort of do is bake. I have been wanting to make these conversation heart cookies from Beauty & the Beard ever since I saw them on her blog last year. 
  • What's the purpose of even having a holiday without some festive nail art?
  • Scrabble jewelry is one of my all time favorite things in the history of ever, which makes this XOXO necklace even more droolworthy. 
  • Just when I thought my love for Kate Spade novelty purses had hit its peak, they come out with this adorable little bag.

Sorry, gentlemen, there's nothing really for you in this one. You know it's really for the girls, right? 

Fine, we'll share our candy. But only the gross flavors. 

~L

FYI- I obviously have not received any compensation for the links in this post, or else you would be seeing pictures of me frolicking around with free stuff. I just like all of these things and thought they would be perfect for Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment