Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday's Fancies: Back In Black (Friday)

(


I'm so excited that I got my stuff together enough to do another Friday's Fancies entry. Not only because I love picking out clothes and accessories with zero budget constraints, but also because I so enjoy being a part of the FF community, started by the wonderful {av}. Whenever I write a post, I race to my computer first thing on Friday morning to see what the other participating bloggers have come up with, and it's just such a fabulous group to be a part of. 

Now, on to this week's theme: Black Friday. Probably my least favorite day of the year (besides the day after the Oscars, when realize awards show season is over and a piece of my soul dies). After spending the previous four day-after Thanksgivings working at an extremely large mall, I am overjoyed at the thought of not going anywhere near a store this year. I really can't complain, as the store that I was employed at did not even have those insane hours (like opening at midnight or three A.M., which is just inhumane). It's just the idea of year after year, spending an entire holiday in which you should be able to be with your family and friends, and instead you're trapped at a cash wrap, fighting for parking spaces and just generally hating the entire weekend. It's not what this time of year is supposed to be about. 

So I knew that no matter where I ended up, I would spend my Black Friday not doing a single thing that is even remotely Black Friday-esque. Which is why I will be nowhere near a store, shopping center, or anywhere where traffic is affected by any of those things. I will sleep in, I will relax, spend time with my family, and most importantly, get my hair done (which I have avoided on Nantucket, giving the expense and absence of my stylist/bff extraordinaire Ryan), since it's the day before my tenth reunion

We were told to pick out an outfit that you would wear shopping or lounging (in case online spending was more your style). Well, this is a mixture of both. This comfy sweater dress would keep me warm if I were crazy enough to be dashing into the mall from my car sans coat (because no one wants to schlep around a winter jacket during a marathon shopping session) and of course, a reusable tote to stash your purchases in. And since this is all imaginary, I dreamed that a $600 over-the-knee boot was totally appropriate footwear to spend the day traipsing around in, whether it's down the length of the mall or on a relaxing holiday stroll.

There's no Friday's Fancies next week (because there are actually other's out there who believe that you should enjoy the day!) so I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and get to do exactly what you want that day, whether it's enjoying your leftovers or standing in line for 80% off a blender. 

~L

2 comments:

  1. I need that mint infinity scarf - great finds :) Visiting from Friday Fancies link up!

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog
    Enter to Win a $30 Four Seasons Accessories Gift Card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! I have heard since that the scarf sold out in that amazing sea foam color but there are a million other colors available!

    ~L

    ReplyDelete