Tuesday, December 18, 2012

O Christmas Card Part 2

I'm sure that after the first Christmas card post yesterday you have been left with so many lingering questions. Like... would little Lindsay ever grow up and wear anything other than pajamas? Did her parents ever buy her new socks? 

I can't promise answers to those questions in the this round. But I can promise... even more awkward photos. So let's continue.

1988

Ladies and gentlemen, I am officially a grown up. I started wearing tights and appropriate footwear. This look to me says, "pajamas are so beneath a three and a half year old. Velour is where it's at." I had clearly had enough of standing on that death trap, and since I had been an only child for so long, I took to just sitting on my rocking chair like the royalty I was, primed to receive the commoners when they came a calling. Also this is when I think my mullet really started to take place. Probably because I highlighted it with headbands. Okay, so maybe it's not really a mullet, but it's definitely mullet adjacent. Poor girl. She has no idea this is her last year as the star of the Christmas card. Life would never be the same.

1989

As you will see later, this is the first appearance of many by the Christmas background. Oh I'm sorry- did I ruin the magic? Were you thinking that we were just hanging out in front of an actual fireplace and perfectly placed holiday garland? Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is all a lie. Except for my bangs. Those are horrifyingly real. Also have you ever seen a more uncomfortable infant? I had to hold onto her like that to keep her sleeves from catching a light breeze and carrying her away. 

1990

What did I tell you about that background?! Also please note the matching pinafore dresses made by our grandmother- I believe those collars featured some very festive holiday geese traipsing around. I don't understand how amongst all that Christmas cheer my sister could dare to sport a look that says, "I've been kidnapped. Send help." Who wouldn't want to be a part of this?!

Up next: The 90's called, and they want all of their hair and clothes back. See you tomorrow!

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment